‘A healthy person may not be spiritual but a spiritual person is always healthy’. -Anonymous
Mind that is in power to control the whole body must be in good health. When the Captain of your bodily ship is ill, who’s going to show the directions?
The new definition of health according to WHO – ‘A state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not only the absence of illness or diseases.’
Spirituality teaches us how to think and how we think so shall we become and behave.
How the Mind is so powerful in controlling the health of our body?
- All the important hormones have their origin point at the hypothalamus in the brain. Examples,
- Thyroid-releasing Hormone (for the thyroid gland)
- Gonadotropin-releasing Hormone (for the Reproductive Organs)
- Growth Hormone-releasing Hormone (for the normal growth of the body)
- Dopamine (one of the main hormone concerned with Depression)
2. Stress that affects the brain functioning is the major origin or cause of all the major diseases today.
The Stress Hormone Cortisol that is released during stress is the major cause of diseases today.
3. Our Immune System, the Bodyguard of our body is immensely affected by Stress, tension, depression, etc.
High energy thoughts Vs Low energy thoughts
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.” – Albert Einstein.
Our thoughts are no exception. There’s energy bound to it. Each thought can be graded according to the frequency it possesses.
High-Frequency thoughts = High energy thoughts = Elevated thoughts
Low-Frequency Thoughts = Low Energy thoughts = Low-lying thoughts.
Dr. David Hawkins in his experiment on Kinesiology measured the levels of consciousness or the frequency of thoughts in 1975.
On the scale of 1 to 1000, he rated the frequencies of different qualities of thoughts of different famous personalities.
Below are some of his findings.
- Shame: 20
- Guilt: 30
- Fear: 100
- Anger: 150
- Pride: 175
- Mother Teresa (the symbol of love calibrated at 500)
- Adolf Hitler (the symbol of hatred was under 150)
- Above 200: Elevated emotions with positive energies.
- At 500: Lovely state (completely egoless state).
- Peace: 600.
- At 700: enlightenment
So, how do you get that higher frequency in your brain?
Well, Spirituality is the answer.
Spirituality (The Spirit Science): Though all of us know that there’s a spirit or soul in all of us, few are curious to explore its attributes. The most beautiful part of Spirituality is we get to know about the Supreme Spirit or Soul i.e. God, the Energy Power House with the highest frequency. So, automatically our frequency increases drastically. And any kind of disease or illness cannot survive in high-frequency energy levels. They are forced out of our body.
Thus, it helps with a simple technique of increasing our positive energy that does its work by itself. So, just increase the intrinsic energy of your spirit and just sit back and enjoy.
Some Scientific evidence:
- Increases the grey matter – a study https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.01551/full
- Decreased activity in Default Mode Network (DMN).https://www.pnas.org/content/108/50/20254.short
- Increase in cortical thickness in the hippocampus and the center governing emotional regulation.https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2019.00242/full
There are plenty of studies showing the power of meditation in eliminating depression, anxiety, addiction problems, etc. from the root itself.
Why not give it a try?
People put so much effort into exercises, diet, Herbal therapies, Spa treatments, etc. to revive from some illness or just to maintain a healthy state. But, why not give it a try to indulge in some spiritual activities (spiritual and not religious, all may be religious but few are spiritual) like Meditation, Yoga, Reading Spiritual books, etc.
I think that it is the easiest way to remain healthy no matter what the situation is!
I’m not saying that you don’t need to diet or do exercises once you start meditating but things become super easy and interesting once you start your spiritual journey. And even if you still suffer from a major illness, the symptoms would be milder as your Immune System would be much more active and powerful! The most beautiful part is you don’t need to start motivating yourself for recovery as you are already motivated and positive about your life.
How to blend Spirituality with your health?
The big question, isn’t it?
Take care of little changes that you can make in your daily routine to experience that positive and enriched life that your soul has always longed for.
Food: ‘You are what you eat.’ – Anonymous
My recommendation is a Vegetarian diet.
Spirituality helps in elevating our Energy Aura or Vibrations. Tamasic food does exactly the opposite i.e. Depletes us of our ‘Prana’ energy.
Now, what is Tamasic food?
The ancient religious text of India ‘Shrimad Bhagwat Geeta’ mentions it like this: ‘the food which is stale, tasteless, putrid and rotten, leavings and impure is dear to the Tamasic’.
This may include meat, fish, onions, garlic, alcohol, any stale, overripe or underripe, tasteless or rotten foods and drinks.
Rituals when you wake up and if possible before going to bed.
Small rituals may have a deep impact on your subconscious mind that reflects on your body.
- First-person you remember after opening your eyes in the morning and before going to bed is God. Feel His presence beside you and you’ll feel good too.
- TV, social media, any negative news, etc. must not be the first thing in the morning or the last thing before going to bed.
- Feed your mind something positive daily as you do for your body. Early morning is the best time to do that.
Daily Meditation, The Power House of Positive energy.
Wake up early in the morning and meditation must be the first thing you do after your daily chores. One may be very skeptical about starting it as a daily chore as the daily sleep would be disturbed. But, trust me speaking out of a personal experience that the daily sleep requirement comes down to 4-5 hours a day still feeling refreshed as opposed to the standard 7-8 hours of recommended sleep for all.
Going to some Spiritual Retreat Centers once in a while rather than only the most sought after Holiday Destinations.
The most sought after Holiday Destinations may be beautiful from outside but not necessarily full of high energy vibrations. This is in contrast to the Spiritual Retreat Centers where the power of meditation and pure vibrations of the environment spells magic on our cells when we stay there for a while.
Use Music as a therapy rather than a noise.
There are two categories of music from a health point of view. 1) Soothing 2) Noisy
Slow soothing music can be an actual therapy when heard at proper times.
High-Quality Food for the Mind:
Oils, Cosmetics, grains, etc. are of the highest quality then why not check for the food we are injecting into the mind? Those horror shows, those thrillers, those long pages covering a murder case, some cheapest jokes on fat people are of the lowest quality food for the mind. Those may be very tasty as our fast foods but those fast foods are on the work of damaging the mind internally.
So, just try once for that bounce in your life. Stay beautiful, stay healthy.
Lastly, if you want to remain healthy, try being spiritual first.